Governor DeWine has announced the first phase in the process of reopening Ohio. The following timeline has been established:
- May 1st– Health care procedures that do not require an overnight hospital stay can move forward
- May 4th– Manufacturing, Distribution, and Construction will be opened up; General offices will be able to reopen
- May 12th – Retail businesses will be allowed to move forward with opening
As we begin to reopen Ohio, there are sector specific operating requirements, both recommended and mandatory, that employees, employers, and consumers, will be expected to follow. Those guidelines can be found here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/responsible-restart-ohio/sector-specific-operating-requirements/sector-specific-operating-requirements.
Restaurant dine-in services, food courts, bars, personal appearance and beauty businesses to name a few must remain closed for the time being. The following link provides a complete list of those businesses: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/responsible-restart-ohio/Continued-Business-Closures/
Marion Public Health and our community partners want to remind everyone of the steps you can take to ensure you, your coworkers, and family members stay healthy.
- Maintain 6 ft social distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable
- Stay home if you are sick
- To protect others, wear a mask when in public spaces
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
Additional information can be found at http://coronavirus.ohio.gov or you can call the Ohio Department of Health coronavirus call center at 1-833-427-5634.