If you have a dog that lives in Marion County, they will need a new 2018 dog tag license. Why you ask? It’s the LAW and could be the ticket to helping your lost dog find his/her way home. The deadline to get your furry friend’s updated license tag is January 31st, 2018. If you are in need of renewing or obtaining a new dog tag, please visit the Marion County Auditor’s office located in the County Building at 222 West Center St. Marion, OH. New tags are $16.00.
- All dogs more than three months of age must be licensed.
- The standard licensing period runs December 1 to January 31.
- License applications after January 31 are subject to a late penalty.
- Licenses may not be transferred from one dog to another.
- Licenses purchased are non-refundable.
- A dog may be licensed for a term of one year, three years, or permanently.
Are your pets updated on their current rabies vaccinations? The first of the year is a great time to double check that all vaccinations are up to date! Rabies vaccinations are huge in a pet’s life! If your dog bites someone (even by accident) those bites are reportable by law. As a health department, we follow up on all bite reports that we receive. We double check to make sure your dog or cat isn’t showing any signs of rabies and we ensure that all dogs and cats that are involved in biting incidents are up to date on their rabies vaccinations. Failure to vaccinate could result in prosecution.